Event Phone: 6231 0755
- TasCOSS Leadership Series: Influencing Policy Post Election
March 14, 2018
12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Join facilitator Rhys Edwards to explore how you can expand your influence and drive policy change that makes a difference to your clients and stakeholders.
With the dust settling on the outcome of the 2018 State election this session presents a great opportunity to reflect on the next four years of administration and the challenges and opportunities ahead for the community service sector.
The half-day session will:
- Explore the current state of play and the issues associated with key election commitments
- Look at the way election narratives have shaped the agendas of the major parties and what this means for implementation for the next Tasmanian government
- Look at the key themes likely to play out over the political cycle of the next four years, and
- Look at the way in which politics constrains good policy making and how leaders can help influence and shape the policy agenda.
Guest speaker: Paul Lupo (CEO, St Lukes Health Insurance)
Paul Lupo is the current CEO of St Luke’s Healthcare. Paul has an extensive background in Tasmanian business, having worked with leading accounting firm KPMG for 12 years before taking roles as CEO with Petuna Seafood Group and Houston’s Farm.
Facilitator: Rhys Edwards (RDME CONSULTING)
Rhys is an experienced organisational leader and has worked at the highest levels of the public sector for over 16 years. He has a strong background in leadership and governance and was Secretary of the Department of Premier and Cabinet from 2008 to 2014. As well as consulting work, Rhys is an honorary research fellow at Melbourne University and a moderator for the Cranlana Foundation – helping leaders to reflect upon key philosophical, ethical and social issues central to creating a just and sustainable society.