Event Phone: 6165 9512
- Peer Learning Group 3 October Session
October 11, 2017
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Peer Learning Group 4 November Session
November 15, 2017
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
How health literate is your organisation?
Join the HeLLOTas! Peer Learning Lunch Box to find out.
Come together for 4 Lunch Box sessions while learning about and improving health literacy in your organisation.
You will use the HeLLOTas! Toolkit, co-designed in Tasmania by TasCOSS and the community sector. It is the first of its kind in the world and is all about making your information easier to understand, and your services more accessible so that people can get the services they need.
Your health literacy work can also help you meet quality standards and funding requirements.
Being part of the Peer Learning Lunch Box involves:
- Registering two staff from your organisation to attend 4 lunch time Peer Learning sessions (held from July to November 2017 – dates below),
- Setting up a small health literacy team in your organisation,
- Using the HeLLOTas! Toolkit and working on your organisational health literacy,
- Support from TasCOSS sector development staff.
Assessing your organisational health literacy gets you asking:
- What is it like for the people who walk through our door?
- How do our clients feel when staff talk to them?
- Are our brochures and signs easy to read?
- How do our consumers have a say in your service?
- How do we know what our consumers want?
- How do we know if people can get the information they need?
- How easy are we to find?
- How can we reach people who need our service?
The sessions will be facilitated by Simone Zell, a member of the team that developed the HeLLOTas! resource.
A light lunch is provided.
More information: contact Simone Zell 6165 9512 or Email Simone
Venue: To Be Confirmed (Hobart)