*** Updated on Monday 6 April 2020 ***
All TasCOSS Members and community service organisations are encouraged to review their contingency and response plans to ensure minimal impacts to service delivery continuity and wherever possible, contribute to the recovery of individuals, communities and services.
We strongly encourage community sector organisations, staff and members of the public to familiarise yourself with the process governments are taking to contain the virus, including practical things we all can do to help minimise transmission.
TasCOSS has made available a number of trusted sources, resources and fact sheets on COVID-19 applicable to the community services industry below.
The State Government COVID-19 website (coronavirus.tas.gov.au) is regularly updated with the latest health advice, information and resources on COVID-19.
In addition, here is a list of trusted sources where you can get the latest health advice on COVID-19:
- Federal Government Department of Health
- State Government Department of Health
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Tasmanian Emergency Management Arrangements (TEMA)
- NDIA Easy English COVID-19 Guide
- Council for Intellectual Disability (CID) Easy English COVID-19 Guide
- Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing Multilingual COVID-19 Resources
- National COVID-19 Hotline — 1800 020 080
- Tasmanian Public Health Hotline — 1800 671 738
- TCCI COVID-19 Business Hotline — 1300 559 112
- Police Assistance Line — 131 444
- Business Tasmania (business.tas.gov.au) — 1800 440 026
- Services Australia (servicesaustralia.gov.au)
- Centrelink (my.gov.au) — 13 24 68
- Debt Helpline (ndh.org.au) — 1800 007 007
- FindHelpTAS (findhelptas.org.au)
- Translating and Interpreting Service (tisnational.gov.au) — 131 450
- 1800 RESPECT (1800respect.org.au) — 1800 737 732
- Relationships Australia (relationships.org.au) — 1300 364 277
- Australian Red Cross (redcross.org.au) — 1800 RED CROSS (1800 733 276)
- Salvation Army Australia (salvationarmy.org.au) — 13 SALVOS (13 72 58)
- Lifeline (lifeline.org.au) — 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline (kidshelpline.org.au) — 1800 55 1800
- Headspace (headspace.org.au)
- Launceston: (03) 6335 3100 | Devonport: (03) 6424 6102 | Hobart: (03) 6231 3908
Advice for Employers
- FAQs about the COVID-19 Impact on Funding Arrangements
- JobKeeper Payment — Information for Employers
- JobKeeper Payment — Eligibility and Advice for Charities
- State Government Support to Community Organisations
- Federal Government Department of Health Advice for Employers
- JusticeConnect Advice on Legal Support for Community Service Organisations and NFPs
- FairWork Advice on COVID-19 and Australian Workplace Laws
- New Measures to Support NDIS Participants and Providers through COVID-19
- Jobs Australia Member Information
Advice for Aged Care
- Federal Government Department of Health Advice for Aged Care
- New Measures to Support Senior Australians through COVID-19
- New Measures to Fill Staff Shortages in Aged Care through COVID-19
- FAQs for Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) Providers
- Assistance with Food and Meals for Older Australians Impacted by COVID-19
- Arrangements for CHSP Providers during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Centre for Cultural Diversity in Ageing Multilingual COVID-19 Resources for Aged Care
Advice for Employees and Job Seekers
- Workers Compensation in Tasmania and COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Changes to Job Seeker Mutual Obligations in Response to COVID-19
- Beyond Blue Guide to Mental Wellbeing During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Federal Government Income Support for Individuals Fact Sheet
- Federal Government Payments to Support Households Fact Sheet
- JobKeeper Payment — Information for Employees
- State Government Support to Households and Individuals
- ANROWS Women’s Safety and COVID-19
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Information on COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Scheme
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) Advice on Unlicensed Financial Advice by Real Estate Agents to Tenants
Advice for Boards
Federal Government Resources
State Government Resources
- COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 — Tasmanian Border Restrictions Fact Sheet
- COVID-19 — Where Can I Get Information?
- COVID-19 — Important Information about COVID-19
- Hand Washing Procedure — COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Protecting Yourself — COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Self Assessment Tool — COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Tasmanian Hotlines — COVID-19 Fact Sheet
State and Federal Support Packages
The Federal Government announced an initial COVID-19 economic stimulus package on Thursday 12 March. The second stage of the Federal Government’s COVID-19 economic stimulus package was announced by the Prime Minister on Sunday 22 March.
Actions Taken by TasCOSS
TasCOSS is working closely with the State Government to ensure community services are well placed to support the health and safety of Tasmanians.
We are particularly focussed on ensuring continuity of essential services with demand likely to increase significantly in response to concerns around COVID-19 and possible self-isolation measures.
TasCOSS is committed to helping to reduce the risk of infection or contagion for all stakeholders, staff, volunteers, committee members, partner organisations and clients, as well as to the general public. This will be done by adopting policies and procedures recommended or directed by public health and work safety authorities.
If you have any questions about related to COVID-19 preparedness or the response taken by TasCOSS, please contact us.